Take 5 has been a tradition here at Substream for an incredibly long time. While it has been missing for a little bit of time (most recently running in December as a special Holiday Five edition). However, during all of the strange and uncertain things going on around us in the world — most of us are quarantined inside our homes — there’s no better time than now to bring back the Take 5 feature.
For now, this feature will run more than once a week, as we have a lot of great guest contributors lined up. Much like December’s Holiday 5, this will be a special variant with guest contributors — except this time, they’re sharing…well, sorta whatever. It could be a list of activities they’re doing to pass the time during this odd period of time, maybe a list of books they’re reading, shows they’re binging, or whatever it might be that interests them.
Our latest feature comes from Chief State’s Fraser Simpson, who shared the five things he’s doing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Still working unfortunately! Monday-Friday I’m at home doing graphic design for my work.
- Writing songs, the quarantine has been amazing for allowing me the time to sit down with a guitar. I’m curious to see how many bands put out great music this time next year. I’m sure most are in the same boat as me and spending a lot of time working on songs!
- Binge watching netflix, the Tiger King documentary has been the highlight for me so far. I’ve also rewatched a British romcom series called Gavin and Stacey – highly recommend!
- Gaming, I am addicted to FIFA, which I know is extremely boring to most people. The rest of the guys are playing online together at the moment too, Call Of Duty and Star Wars are what they’re hooked on right now. Catch Joe streaming on the Mutant League Records Youtube channel most Wednesdays or Thursdays. You can also watch him stream on Twitch Kobejoe_BC.
- Social distance drinking. We’re all planning on hopping into the House Party app tonight to hang out and catch up. It’s a friend of ours birthday so we’re gonna figure out some quarantine drinking games!