Back in March, many industries across the world began facing severe impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. Some industries have been able to continue to move forward, albeit it while still taking a hit, and others have been left behind while the leaders of the U.S. focus their attention elsewhere. The live entertainment industry falls under the latter category.
To try and help to do their part, Kevin Lyman (Founder of Warped Tour, USC professor, CEO of the Kevin Lyman Group and Unite the United) and Trevor Swenson (Dynamic Talent International) came together to create the ADAPT Conference, after seeing how much the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the live entertainment industry. The live entertainment industry faces the unfortunate reality of being the first to shut down and the last to reopen in any way that can result in major revenue streams.
For that, the ADAPT Conference aims to highlight professionals who have found success throughout these times, as well as provide resources for those who have not, or are still working on how to do it themselves, collaborate, and adapt the new reality.
The ADAPT team shares, “Many colleagues in the entertainment industry have seen their job opportunities disappear, been furloughed, or even laid off due to COVID-19. If you lost your job and are currently struggling financially we want to help in any way we can.”
The conference will take place virtually this Thursday, October 22nd and will be hosted on Whova Conference App, featuring attendee networking opportunities, customizable profiles, interactive chat box and video during panels, polling Q+As, community message boards, and more. Tickets are on sale now through Eventbrite. For industry professionals, one ticket is $149, for an industry 4-pack, $400, and for students, $49.
Applications for the ADAPT Unemployment Scholarship are now open here. Industry professionals who are currently unemployed, furloughed, or laid off due to COVID-19 quality for the scholarship and will receive 50% off their ADAPT Conference registration, and be added to the conference’s “Open To Work” directory.
Check out to the full planned schedule for the day below, and head here for more information on ADAPT Conference.
- 8:50am PT – Setting the Stage for Success: Opening Remarks with Kevin Lyman
- 9:00am PT – From Obstacle to Opportunity: A conversation with Kevin Lyman, Laura Hutfless + Jeremy Holley (co-founders of FlyteVu)
- 9:30am PT – Class #1: Managing through Rocky Waters: creating new revenue opportunities + keeping a lean overhead – Taught by Randy Nichols (Force Management) and Deborah Klein (Primary Wave)
- 11:00am PT – Class #2: Inside the Label’s Mind: releasing new music, breaking through the noise, and what they’re looking for today – Taught by Eric Tobin (Hopeless Records) and Mike Easterlin (Elektra Music Group)
- 12:30pm PT – Class #3: Evolution of the Venue: from March, to now, and the Future – Taught by Casey Ianelli (Marathon Live) and Sean Lupton (Opry Entertainment Group)
- 2:00pm PT – Class #4: Socially Distant Live Shows: the comeback of Drive-Ins – Taught by Vincenzo Giammanco (CBF Productions), Michael Silva (VenuWorks) and Jeff Fortier (Mammoth)
- 3:30pm PT – Class #5: Live Streaming in the age of COVID-19 – Taught by Joel Madden (veeps., MDDN) and Brian Rucker (Twitch)
- 5:00pm PT – Diversify The Stage: Creating Collective Action For Change by Jerome Cooks (Never Famous, TPA) + Noelle Scaggs (Diversify The Stage, Fitz + the Tantrums)
- 5:30pm PT – Breakout Sessions
- 2020 Venue Management: a Saga hosted by Liza Saturday and Casey Ianelli (Marathon Live)
- COVID Compliance + Prevention: Best Practices for Keeping Your Crew Safe & Aware hosted by Jeremy Young + Trey Wilson (3P America) and DJay Brawner (Co-Founder of Tuff Contender/Advisor, Health Education Services & Tuff Contender) and Julianne Brawner RN, MSN (President of Tuff Contender, Health Education Services).
- Pivoting in a Pandemic hosted by Chamie McCurry (Danny Wimmer Presents)
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers – How to Build Your Network & Advance Your Career hosted by Sarah Roberts (LinkedIn)
- 6:00pm PT – Breakout Sessions
- Visual Albums & Release Strategies For The Indie Signed & Independent Artist hosted by Mark Woodbridge (921 Collective)
- The Talent Agents Den hosted by Trevor Swenson (Dynamic Talent International)
- Radio to the Rescue – How Streaming Radio Supported the Industry and Increased Revenue Streams (idobi Radio Team)
- Inside Degy World: Creating Events & Concerts in an Avatar World hosted by Ari Nisman (Degy World LLC.)
- ‘Is it time to grow up?’ hosted by the Touring Professionals Alliance with by Matt Doherty (The Unusual Company, TPA) and Jerome Crooks (Never Famous, TPA)