fun. frontman-turned-solo artist Nate Ruess embarked on a lengthy Reddit AMA earlier today, tackling fan questions from the super-serious to the super-not-so-serious. We know Reddit can be a pretty difficult place to navigate sometimes, so we thought we’d whittle it down to the 10 most important nuggets of information we gleaned.
- Nate Ruess considers himself a connoisseur of Mexican food, and thus rarely eats nachos.
- Ruess took vocal lessons back when his old band the Format first signed to Elektra Records—but according to him, the teacher said he was already singing “perfectly.” Go fig!
- The intro on his new solo album Grand Romantic came together at the very last minute, being composed and recorded in less than a day before the album was due to be completed.
- While the intro might’ve been made in a day, the full album took four intense months in the studio to create.
- Ruess is currently into running, and can turn in a seven-minute mile.
- If you’re a fan of Nate Ruess, you can officially call yourself a Ruesstafarian.
- Bummed you can’t get Grand Romantic on vinyl? Don’t worry: According to Ruess, it’s coming later this year.
- Ruess might have collaborated with Eminem on his smash hit “Headlights,” but amazingly, the two have never met in person.
- Visiting Ruess’ old stomping grounds of Phoenix, Arizona, and hoping to run into Ruess? Try hitting up Barrio Cafe or any Berto’s location.
- Holding out hope that Ruess’ old band the Format might get back together? Well, don’t hold your breath: Ruess says he and former bandmate Sam Means are on good terms but they “never talk about getting the Format back together,” D’oh!
Still want more? Substream #46 featuring our exclusive interview with Nate Ruess is available now!